Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

Victor_st's Moderator Application

Victor_st

Crafter
Sep 13, 2017
Florida
User name: Victor_st

What is your Minecraft username? Victor_st

What age bracket are you in? 19

What is your current rank on Vale? Lord/Phoenix

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator?

I would like to be a moderator because I enjoy helping others on the server, and there have been a few instances where I was unable to help a player out more because I didn't have certain moderator commands. Also a certain player starting with the name o and ending in ng broke in into me and a few friends base has made me consider applying for Moderator.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team.

-I have been on the server for a decently long time (Both on CB and on Vale), so I know many of the players and most of the rules on the server
-Whenever a player needs help with something and no staff is online to help or busy with something else, I try to help to the best of my ability
-I currently have a lot of free time and am able to be very active on the server

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?

I think that my helping of players with things, from simple commands to how to rtp has demonstrated some moderator qualities. Also, I'm always willing to help around with little stuff if a player needs it.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? 4

What timezone do you live in? Eastern Daylight Time, though I am currently in Eastern European Summer Time until the end of the month

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? Minimum 7 hours, realistically a decent amount more than this.

Do you have a Discord account? Yes

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Yes

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?

A lot of times, when a new player joins, they don't know the rules, so they could be "griefing" for supplies and are quite because they are focused. I'd tell them that it is not allowed to break another players build no matter how small/unbuilt the build looks and make sure they know the consequences. If the player doesn't respond to me, I'd kick them from the server letting them know they can't grief other peoples builds. After this, I'd follow them in vanish for some time just to make sure that they aren't doing anything else wrong. If the player continues to grief builds, I'd give them a temp ban between 2-7 days, depending on how much was griefed.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?

If they had been muted very recently (within a month), I'd kick them from the server as a "final warning" before giving them a 1-2 day temp ban if this continues. However, if the mute/warnings had been from a while back, then I'd give them another verbal warning before taking any other action in case they had forgotten.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?

A lot of times, new players will join the server with a few friends with their main intention being to "troll". If 3 new players all join simultaneously and start spamming, I'd immediately give them a perm ban because if with just a warning/kick, they are very likely to come back and continue doing what they were doing. Although it seems harsh, in all my times playing the server, I have never seen a single player that has come back to be an active and nice member of the community after spamming as soon as they join with only a warning/kick.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?

I would give the other players a temp mute while I talk with the other staff member on how to proceed in staff chat. When we figure out a solution, I'd unmute the players and calmly let the players know how the situation has been sorted.

Last edited: