Vale Changelog (#1) - What a month!

mhia

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013

This has been such an exciting past month!

We opened on July 11th, and honestly, I didn't know if our new server was going to work or not. I expected everything to break and a week later, give up on trying to run a server. But that didn't happen, and you guys seem to of love what we're doing.

Thank you guys!

However, that doesn't mean we didn't have a bunch of issues and bugs. It's been difficult trying to fix everything, but we sure are trying.

Here's what we've changed so far, along with a bunch of issues fixed.

Major Changes
We did many changes, but these are notable.
  • Improved Performance
    • We optimized our server configuration files, such as less mobs and render distances.
    • Removed unimportant plugins and or plugins that attempt to help lag but just makes it worst (Like clearlagg)
    • Added merge mob in an attempt to save performance. Mobs are so laggy!
  • Improved /shop
    The goal with /shop is trying to make it a viable way to buy and sell essential items (or uncrafted items), and a decent way to make money. However, the issue is that we don't want it to be overpowering, as we want to provide other interactive ways to earn income, and we don't want to overshadow /market and /ah. We want these to co-exist and meeting that goal is very hard. If you can make over 100k in a day from /shop, and you don't need to vote, or do jobs, then essentially, those other ways to make money are worthless and now half the functionality of the server is ruined.

Now with Mattman back, and solely running the economy, we should be able to meet those goals.
    • Removed uncraftable items from the shop except for essential items (Wool, for building).
    • Added Spawners
      • Currently, the cost is 100k, and may increase/decrease. The starting price of this is not because of how rare or what sort of mob the spawner is, it's because of the performance cost of a spawner.
  • Market rent increased.
    • Started from $350 and now we're here. ($1000/1500 per week)
    • Created a Market guide @ Renting a Market Shop
  • Improved death backs and death chests.
    • Now shows a hologram of who the chest belongs too.
    • Dying grants 2 minutes of god mode.
    • Everyone can do /dback, with a cost of $600.
  • Improved Relics (CE)
    • Fixed issues with enchants being too powerful.
    • Players can now use Relics on items, with a +2 max enchants for every other rank.
  • Improved McMMO
    • Should be more grinder and not as easy to rank up levels.
  • Improved Crates
    • The crates were absolutely awful when we opened. The idea is great, but the execution was poor. We're improving these. Thanks to AntiProHD, the crate system should now be slightly better.
      • Arcane still needs work. We don't want it too P2W, but it needs to be worth the real money cost.
  • Added WeatherVote
  • Added SafariNets
  • Added night speed up if 30% of players are in a bed.
  • 3AM & 3PM Restart Schedule.
  • Discord now has music bots, chat games, gambling, and more. Vale's Minecraft Discord

Rank/Permission Changes
  • You can now enter a /party to have private group chats.
  • Extra home for every rank that gets a home.
  • Anyone can now create a town, all though this may be temporary.
    • I feel like it should be a more higher permission, but it may turn off new players if you can't create a new town right away.
  • Noble can now create chest shops in Towny shop plots. (Follow the chest shop part of the market guide)
  • Adventurer may now silk spawners with a pickaxe and silk touch enchant.
  • Vigilante now has /farm get - a farming boost tool that lets you auto crop, storage, and even lets you upgrade the tool so your farm grows at a faster rate.
  • Mods should now have the proper permissions to help, rollback, and teleport to help players.
  • Sphinx now has /chestsort - auto chest sorting and better organization.
  • DemiGod inherits Lord. Because of how the /rankup system works, it'll just place you there. Unexpected behavior, but if you're paying that much, might as well boost your way to the top.

Notable Changes
  • We've tried to improve broadcasts, messages, etc with our own style. If a chat message doesn't have Plugin » message, let us know and we'll try to improve it.
    • [Plugin] <message> is so unpleasing to look at.
  • Information when you hover over someone's rank or name should also be improved. You should see the main rank and if they're a supporter, that rank too.
    • explosivecoin and I worked in custom placeholder's for these to work. Vale is truly a customized experience :)
  • Chat Reactions now have minecraft words instead of random generated codewords.

Upcoming/Goals
  • Finish improving supporter perks!
    • There is absolutely no reason to support us because the perks suck. We're working on this.
  • Improve voting
    • I added more flightcharges, but there needs to be more. A better chance at vote keys and more money.
    • More vote sites need to be added.
  • Update /ranks
  • Get the original server back up.
    • We're not calling it choco, and it won't have towny, economy, and it'll be a smaller map. The goal is for a build server where you rank up with more creative-ish perks. Less survival, more building.
    • It'll have the original supporters restored.
  • Improve performance
    • We're getting there, it's just hard. Mobs are laggy.
  • Community events, anyone?
    • We need a hostess.
    • Rabb.it is dead and we need an alternative.
  • Better social media advertising.
  • Secondary custom prefixes for supporters, though this is hard.
  • SkyBlock
    • The plan is to perfect the towny server first and just flip it into a skyblock server. We need to be happy with Towny first, so we don't have to do extra work on both servers.
    • It'll have mcmmo and economy attached on both servers.

Special Thanks
  • Special thanks to explosivecoin, AntiProHD, MattMan096 & Trevalis for being apart of the Admin team and helping Vale be special <3
  • Thanks to catgamer442, justjamie22, lodlum, and solow7 for being apart of the mod team and helping the players out.
  • Special, special thanks to steering24 for donating over $200 to Vale in our first month. THANK YOU!
  • Special thanks to The_Muffin_King, TheRealistReal, badnad, xSenpaiCookiex, lodlum, & Mollyminion for being our first supporters on Vale Rebooted.
  • And special thanks to our past supporters who are understanding of the changes and are patient enough and wait for rank transfers and for the upcoming original server.

That's it! Until next time.

Please post feedback and what you'd like to see.

Last edited:

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
SkyBlock
  • The plan is to perfect the towny server first and just flip it into a skyblock server. We need to be happy with Towny first, so we don't have to do extra work on both servers.
Is there going to be the same admin shop (/shop) on skyblock? I don't think this is a good idea even if the admin shop is perfected, skyblock is completely different. All the items will be rarer, some way more rare than in a normal survival which completely changes the demand for certain items so prices would naturally have to be changed to reflect that. I personally think we shouldn't have an admin shop straight away, let the economy establish basic prices for the first couple days and then implement ways to buy/sell items from an admin shop based on the established prices from players. I don't want the economy to be ruined until a full reset.

mhia

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
Is there going to be the same admin shop (/shop) on skyblock? I don't think this is a good idea even if the admin shop is perfected, skyblock is completely different. All the items will be rarer, some way more rare than in a normal survival which completely changes the demand for certain items so prices would naturally have to be changed to reflect that. I personally think we shouldn't have an admin shop straight away, let the economy establish basic prices for the first couple days and then implement ways to buy/sell items from an admin shop based on the established prices from players. I don't want the economy to be ruined until a full reset.
Oh yeah, of course. It'll be changed so it suits SB better.

alvaroH3

Crafter
Feb 23, 2016
Tucuman - Argentina
On behalf of the Spanish-speaking community, I wanted to congratulate you on the work, we are happy and despite the fact that some of us do not talk too much about it they are having fun like never before.
Keep up the good work!

Nelfarion

the confused one
Crafter
Jul 30, 2019
Germany
On behalf of the German-speaking community, I wanted to congratulate you on the work, we are happy and despite the fact that some of us do talk too much we are having fun like never before.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
On behalf of the oiEnglishbruv-speaking community, I wanted to congratulate you on the work, we are happy and despite the fact that some of us do talk too much we are having fun like never before.
Keep up the good work!

CatGamer442

Vale Mod
Crafter
Dec 19, 2017
On behalf of the Cat-speaking community, I wanted to congratulate you on the work, we are happy and despite the fact that some of us do talk too much about it they are having fun like never before.
Keep up the good work!