Welcome to Vale.gg!
A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community.

Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now
play.vale.gg

Upgrading Servers: Now Up!

minxi

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
UPDATE #2:

DONE!

Enjoy! If you notice any slight improvements, let us know!

UPDATE:

We may not be able to get the servers up till tomorrow morning. Thanks for being patient!

Hello Valerian's! (Yes, I just made that up on the spot. It's apparently a type of flower, so I guess we're all beautiful flowers now)

We're upgrading our servers to better hardware (We'll now be on an SSD!) and currently migrating all of our Minecraft servers and files.

We'll most likely be down until later today (Hopefully before 8PM EST,.) Will update when everything is back up and running again!

WHAT'S OFFLINE

• Servers
  • Discord Bots
  • API's (Mostly forum content, recent donors and todolist)

@simpleauthority appreciation post for doing all of the hard work and staying up to help get this done! He's the best.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
The Internet
Question: Will this make the server faster? Or does it just increase storage?
Hi Meowy

This is going to increase world load speed. The memory and CPU themselves are faster, so we should be able to expect overall responsiveness to increase. This is however at the expense of disk space, which is a problem we will be tackling.

fake lvkey

Crafter
Mar 19, 2019
Will we be able to move our builds and etc. after this downtime?

minxi

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
Will we be able to move our builds and etc. after this downtime?
The issue that is holding us from build move is having the team to actually do the build move, and the plugin that would let us copy and paste builds.

When you copy and paste something big with WorldEdit, it usuallylags the server, or crashes it. But with a plugin called FAWE, it allows big copy and pastes to be possible.

The problem with FAWE is that it's not fully working for 1.13.2.

I may do some testing to see how well we can handle a copy and paste with just W.E, and if it doesn't lag too much, I can try to get the build move going this week, if it does lag and makes the server unplayable/crashes then we'd have to wait. We'll see.

Last edited:

About us

• Vale is a small but friendly community and one of the best Minecraft survival servers you could play on. We have various ranks, plugins, and events to elevate your gameplay, and to give you a unique but fun experience in Minecraft.
  • Vale Discord - Text, Talk, Share Vale Plug.DJ - Listen to Music

Top Voters

User Menu

Instagram