UnfadingAut0 Moderator Application

UnfadingAut0

UnfadingAut0
UnfadingAut0
Jan 19, 2021
What is your Minecraft username? UnfadingAut0

What age bracket are you in? 24

What is your current rank on Vale? Nyx and Baron

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I would like to be a moderator on Vale because I like helping people and feel I could help make a difference on the server. I've been an active member of Vale for a long time and would love to help the server grow and be a catalyst for change.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. The first reason I would be a suitable moderator for Vale is that I am a very dedicated person and when I put my mind to something, I do it. The second reason I would be a good moderator for Vale is that I am great at playing devil's advocate. I try to see the best in people and see both side of a problem. The last reason why I would be a good moderator for Vale is that I am a very outgoing person and I try to help out whenever I can. I always try to see the light in situations and bring out the best in the people around me.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? I have demonstrated leadership qualities in Vale by constantly being active in the server. I was the top player in mcMMO which influenced other players to grind harder to reach my level. I'm currently #1 on baltop, further proving how much time I spend on the server. Whenever people have questions about things such as slimefun or basic commands I try to help them in the best way that I can. I've been active on Discord as well, constantly checking up on the notifications even if I am not on Minecraft at the time to stay in the know about what's happening on the server.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? I am 100% knowledgeable about our rules and regulations on the server

What timezone do you live in? I live in Ohio so my timezone is Eastern. I will be most active mid-day and nighttime.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Vale community throughout the week? I am able to dedicate most of my time to Vale, I have a lot of time on my hands and can be very active. I already tend to spend many hours on the server at a time, but if I were in staff position I would have even more time. I tend to be up at late times at night and will be on at times the other staff members (most likely) will not be awake for.

Do you have a Discord account? If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Yes and Yes

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I would personally message the player and remind them the rules and let them know that they can't do that and make sure the player knows that griefing will not be tolerated on Vale. I would give them a warning and if it happens again they will be banned.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? I would message the player letting them know they need to not type in all caps and let them know because it has happen before he will be getting a mute for a while for already being worried before

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? I would mute the players and let them know that this cannot happen again and will not be tolerated on the server. I would warn them that if it happens again they will be permanently banned from the server.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? In order to respect the staff member and not underestimate them, I would message the staff member to see if they need any help from me. If so, I would help the staff member handle the situation.

• Love
Reactions: kaypatts

Victor_st

Administrator
Staff member
Victor_st
Victor_st
Jan 3, 2021
Thank you for applying! Unfortunately due to high demand, we won't be able to give you a spot in our staff team at the moment, but if we're ever in need of staff we'll let you know.