Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

😴 Archived Testing new prefix style. Thoughts?

mhia

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013

What do you think? Should we keep it, or go back to the original style?

Techno

That creepy guy in the corner
Supporter
Sep 25, 2014
Corn Town
A side-by-side could help people choose. Just a thought.
Personally though, I prefered the prefixes with brackets.

CatGamer442

no u
Mod
Dec 19, 2017
I like the new look better. Adds something most servers don’t have making it unique. Change can be good too, brackets aren’t pretty bulky.

Oshein

Yes.
Crafter
Sep 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
Besides it currently being a bit of a mess and different ranks having alternate styles, I prefer the original system, the brackets clearly show the rank and hide what isn't important

Or we could just remove prefixes all together and expect people to figure out who's who :unsure:😂

CatGamer442

no u
Mod
Dec 19, 2017
Besides it currently being a bit of a mess and different ranks having alternate styles, I prefer the original system, the brackets clearly show the rank and hide what isn't important

Or we could just remove prefixes all together and expect people to figure out who's who :unsure:😂
They will all become that if everyone likes it.
Without prefixes? That might not work out. (At all)

Oshein

Yes.
Crafter
Sep 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
They will all become that if everyone likes it.
Without prefixes? That might not work out. (At all)
the bottom bit was a joke lol
but yeah i'm not a fan of the new style

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
I prefer the new style prefix, makes chat look more clean

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
I feel like we should show the rank, but, instead of brackets, use the •rank•. idk if it is possible, I just feel like it would look better.

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
I feel like we should show the rank, but, instead of brackets, use the •rank•. idk if it is possible, I just feel like it would look better.
um what

thats what they did already, why are you asking if its possible

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
um what

thats what they did already, why are you asking if its possible
no, they didn't, We only see •Citizen•(player) , we don't see the Rank we got, like, Merchant, or Adventurer, or Acolyte, see what I mean, to see the person's rank, we got to hover their name. You know, the survival ranks, not like, 1 rank that is "Citizen" standing for "normal survival player"

BigFatMexican01

Crafter
Dec 10, 2016
In my opinion, ranks should be abbreviated. clears up chat and easier to identify who is who. Mod's should have a colored M, admins have a colored A, payed for ranks come after the staff perms but come before the survival rank.

CatGamer442

no u
Mod
Dec 19, 2017
In my opinion, ranks should be abbreviated. clears up chat and easier to identify who is who. Mod's should have a colored M, admins have a colored A, payed for ranks come after the staff perms but come before the survival rank.
No thanks. Staff need to be identified as their role. Back when it was [M] no one really knew Mods roles. Also, it was kinda annoying.