Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

😴 Archived Terracotta sell price | All

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
User name: lodlum

Thread Title Terracotta sell price

Server All

Explain Okay, so with CE you can get some enchants that really help with mining. Blast 3 and Haste 3 specifically. When you mine terracotta with an eff V, Blast 3 and haste 3 pick you can fill your inventory with terracotta in about 20 seconds (35 stacks). Usually around half of this is normal terracotta and half of this is coloured.

Every 20 seconds you can fill your inventory with terracotta. It takes about 20 seconds to sell all of this terracotta and about 5 seconds to get back mining. Therefore about every 45 seconds you can sell 35 stacks of terracotta or 80 TIMES AN HOUR.

The current sell price of 2.40 for coloured and 1.60 for normal terracotta (ignoring glazed). As I said usually about half of the teracotta you get is normal, so lets say of the 35 stacks you get when you fill your inventory 17 stacks are normal terracotta and 18 stacks are coloured terracotta.
That is (17*64*1.60)+(18*64+2.40) = 2895.20 per inventory full on average.

As I said you can fill your inventory 80 times an hour, so you can get (2895.20*80 =) 232k per hour from mining terracotta at maximum mining rates. Although this is grueling, I find that it is definitely still way to lucrative and I believe it should be nerfed.

I suggest earning about 25k/hour as a fair price, considering you need the pick with all the enchantments and unbreaking to reach this rate. This would mean you need to have your sell price at about 11% of the current amounts (100(25/232) = 10.78%)
So coloured terracotta could be 0.26 each and normal terracotta could be 0.18 each.

This last point about a rate of 25k/hour is just a suggestion, feel free to change it to any rate or just leave it as it is if you think this is fine!

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
So 25k/hour is the max a player can make after grinding for days for the best pick which is valued at somewhere around 400k, and then it will take them 4 hours of constant grinding to buy a single spawner. The server needs balanced ways to make money, not no ways to make money. If there are 20 unique and viable ways to make a ton of money, it makes the economy fun, but if there is a single way that makes a small amount of money and everything else is a waste of time, is that fun? Let the server make some money as time goes on. Everyone won't stay poor forever.

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
valued at somewhere around 400k
It may be valued at 400k, however that is because of things like this that break the economy. Using the player set value of an item in a broken economy tells us nothing.
needs balanced ways to make money
Thats why I suggested setting it to around a rate of 25k/hour, not 0/hour ??????

Also, 25k/hour is a lot. You aren't supposed to be able to get millions every day. I am very confused to why you think 25k in an hour is bad money? That is the equivalent of 100 diamonds at the current shop price. 100 DIAMONDS EVERY HOUR.

after grinding for days for the best pick
If it takes you days then you must have a very inefficient method of grinding XP. An enderman farm can provide you with enough XP to make getting this pick take only hours.

On a final note, I agree that you shouldn't have to spend tens of hours (if you work from the ground up), to get get a decent money making method. However a normal pick would most likely mine at lets say 1/10th of the rate (without blast 3 which mines 9X the blocks and haste 3 which speeds up mining). If you want to have a fair way of making money for the people without the best pick (lets say someone with an effeciency V pick axe), they mine at 1/10 of the rate. If you let the people without the best pick make a balanced 25k/hour, then the people with the best pick axe will make 10x more - 250k/hour. This is clearly unbalanced

If your response to that is 'Okay, but you don't need to let people make 25k/hour with a normal efficiency V pick, you could lower it to 10k/hour', then I say whats the point in making it more balanced for them anyway? You aren't going to be mining with an efficiency V pick if you only make 10k/hour anyway.

Players without a blast 3 pick axe could simply use another money making method. Just because one method isn't accessible to everyone, it doesn't mean all other methods are off limits.

My stance on this is actually to disable blast 3 from crazy enchant. This makes it feasible to make mining a balanaced method of making money for everyone. However this also isn't a perfect solution since blast 3 isn't only used for mining, but also for clearing out blocks. It's imposible to please everyone, but you have to accept that everyone can't make a balanced amount of money from everything.

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
if you remove crazy enchant stuff, like blast 3, which is extremely rare, and haste 3, which is too, with those too having very often an high destroy rate and a low success rate, (if you get the enchant directly), it makes them almost an impossible task to get in a day, unless you are a tryharder that will farm all day like if hours weren't existing, I mean, then ye, but this time, its not the enchant that we will remove, its the player. if you get only 25k after an hour after obtaining such a pickaxe, and taken idk how many cups of coffee, it simply doesn't worth it. We can't just make so everything worths the same thing, there is harder things to get, and the rewards comes with them, and that applies to the spawners, that gives us more money than other ways, if u want them to make it harder, make the price of spawners higher. ALSO, we can't get the CE that we want just by thinking of it. Getting specific CE is hard, because there is a huge variety of them, with different levels. so the outcome should be at least 75k . its time to stop underpricing everything on this server, balance is a thing, but balance cannot be lazily solved by underpricing stuff, I know its hard, and it kinda fixes the exploits, but on the long run it makes more problems, we might as well fix the problems NOW, than later, with temporary 0 sell price or 0.1/0.2/0.5

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
There are better ways to fix the blast enchant than just removing it entirely. Just in the last two days I cleared out over 190,000 blocks for a new base with my blast pick. It's a necessity for players who like to build slightly large structures. Maybe there's a way to remove the drops from blast picks, fixing the economy issue and also still making it useful for clearing out blocks.

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
Ok so I’m currently on a summer break so I can play for around 3-6h every day. During that time, I’m at an enderman farm that gets 1.5k spawns per minute or something. I buy around 6-10 level 90 relics every day.

It still took me 6 days until I got blast II and haste III. I still didn’t use the haste relic because I need to raise its success rate.

So it’s either that you have insane luck, I have awful luck or that you have been on all day. I doubt it’s about my luck, as there are quite a lot of relics you can possibly get.

I agree with reducing the sell cost but getting these relics isn’t quite easy and I’m pretty sure a lot of people will get very mad if these enchants were simply removed.

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
Also, lodlum, "the best pick will take ONLY hours" just so you know, its only because we are in vacation that we game that much, but that "only hours" will become "only DAYS" and that "25k per hours" will make it absolutly impossible to make money. Start thinking about *real time* which excludes summer.