Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

Solow7's Moderator Application

Solow7

Crafter
Feb 18, 2014
California, USA
User name: Solow7

What is your Minecraft username? Solow7

What age bracket are you in? 20

What is your current rank on Vale? Artisan

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes, for close to 6 years now

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? A few reasons, one being I seem to have a knack for finding people who are doing what they're not supposed too and am very objective when it comes to decision making. Additionally, I've been told by a few individuals that I should apply because there are many times where mods aren't on to help out.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. I already named a couple above, but more a few others:
1) I've matured and watched the server grow so I understand better than anyone how players should act and what's unsuitable for the community
2) I'm quick do diagnose problems and find solutions, this has come with a couple years of college behind me and leadership skills gained through life experiences
3) I'm a very reserved individual who doesn't get worked up easily, though I have my opinions I have learned to guard them and keep them my own
4) I'm effective at enforcing rules, but bending them in such a way to keep the server fun and interactive. Yes, I said bending the rules, I'd use my intuition here I'm not stupid so no need to be weary.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?
I have already figured out some lag issues the server by simply being online and using deductive reasoning. I've also mediated some issues and helped staff with questions that other players have so they can figure out the more complicated stuff. Just ask around.
On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations?
Very knowledgeable, 5, been here for awhile
What timezone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time
How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week?
Now, currently 10-18 hours a week, when school picks up maybe less
Do you have a Discord account?
No.
If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?
-
Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
A silent player is an introvert as am I, this usually results in two types of players: hard working and dedicated or devious and conniving. These are my two assumptions approaching the situation. The result of hard working and dedication would lead me to help the player get introduced to a town or community of players. The result of the latter would lead me to ensure the player understands the rules and consequences, a private warning will be issued, following offenses will require further discussion and possible tempban.
Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
A reminder of their prior offenses will be issued and the player will subsequently kicked for the use of their spam, if the player is still irritated and persists a temporary 30 min-1hr tempban will be issued to cool the player off.
Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?
Immediate muting of all parties and subsequent query of an individual to asses their purposes. More than likely a permanent ban will be issued after discussion with other staff.
Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?
I believe muting the individuals involved would allow for time to figure out a course of action, if the player is performing acts that are causing chaos a 5 minute temporary ban might be issued, and lifted, once there is time to figure out the issue and how to formulate a solution. Essentially, compartmentalization of the issue would aid the staff member and all parties involved.

Last edited:

FFrance

kinda cringe
Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Chase Bank
i vouch, i think you maybe mightve been mod before, i dont remember, but you were designer/architect which is close enough to mod

ayvaline

Crafter
Jul 2, 2015
i vouch. very helpful and kind player. he deserves it. 😌

ItsWoof

the birds work for the bourgeoisie
Crafter
Mar 29, 2015
melbourne, australia :)
I vouch, Solow is really mature and would know how to handle staff situations with grace and fairness, he'd be a good mod.