Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

😴 Archived Sell prices at shop | Craft

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
User name: sheriffscott

Thread Title Sell prices at shop

Server Craft

Players Involved All

Explain I feel like as soon as someone finds a decent way to make money, it is patched up at /shop so that they can no longer use that method. For example, ender pearls are worth $0 at /shop. We can't rely on a system of whenever someone makes a good farm, the sell price at the shop is set to 0?

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Just realised it's all mob drops. What's the point in removing all of these when you can buy spawners at the shop??? This is an economy/towny server, and you are removing the economy part of it

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
I agree with his as in my opinion (no offense) it’s a lazy way to prevent earning massive amounts of money.
It also doesn’t make sense how whenever a player finds away to earn large amounts of money, that method is simply completely removed. Soon it will be impossible to gain any decent amount of money and economy will become useless as nobody can afford anything.

I believe that mob drops should still sell for some value (e.g 1/4 or 1/6 of their sell price)

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Agreed ender. It feels like it's an easy patch instead of reducing sell prices, they just completely remove them for some reason.

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
I agree with pretty much everything said, but I'm gonna say it again anyway. The shop and the entire economy is at the moment a bit new, and everything needs to find its own value still. Completely removing the ability to sell stuff ruins the fun of the economy, since you can't reliably earn money. The shop prices will have to be raised/lowered until everything has found a relatively balanced price. Easily farmable things should be sellable to the shop, but for a very small amount of money. Ender pearls, cactus, sugar cane, etc. should still have value. I think before item selling is removed from the shop we should let the servers economy have a bit more time to grow.

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
To add on to this, some people will still be earning tons of money. You can’t really prevent that.

Rich people earned their money by spending their time to build farms. That’s why it’s not really fair to take away their income source.

Doing that also makes it harder for poor people to earn money, as earning decent amounts of money requires a decent sized farm, which requires resources and often times a lot of money to build.

The current sell price is too low, and people now require even bigger farms to make the same amount of money, which makes it pretty much impossible for a person who just started out to make a reliable money source.

Basically the point is, this new change to sell prices further increases the income difference between the rich and the poor. Previously, poor people were able to quickly become unpoor (if that word even exists) by building farms and expanding it as you earn more income. This was the case for me.

But right now, you earn so little money that expanding a farm big enough to become unpoor takes a very very long, meaning most poor people will stay poor.

I may be repeating myself a lot but I’m trying to make things as clear as possible.

Blaafugl

umm
Crafter
Sep 16, 2016
Its also like every time a good money method gets found its removed ASAP, so i dont talk about how i earn my money especially not in chat, im not sure how they wants us to earn money.
Also i got treated like garbage by some higher staff talking about this topic in the chat and got ignored by them when i asked questions like “how do you want the players to earn money” “why do you make sell prices so low when spawners cost 100k” also this staff member you know who you are. At least mhia didnt treat me completely like garbage when i asked but again no actual answers.
Let me clear this up: they dont want us to get a lot of money by removing methods and they dont want to tell how to get money.
Oh yeah you get money by jobs... not enough to ever get 100k
Also it feels weird to ask people when they want show money method to DM you on discord

UltimateDalas

Crafter
Jul 24, 2017
I definitely agree. This economy is really unstable and cant just be changed 24/7

UltimateDalas

Crafter
Jul 24, 2017
i just looked and slime only sells for .8 that is just rediculous, with spawners costing 100k and no natural way of getting slime spawners there is no point.

ItsWoof

the birds work for the bourgeoisie
Crafter
Mar 29, 2015
melbourne, australia :)
I know they don't want the economy to break again, but as someone who didn't even participate in auto farming or anything, I just can't make enough money to rank up. Jobs are great, but without high levels and hours over hours over hours of work, you really can't make that much money.

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Still agree with this post, as soon as a profit method is discovered it is patched. What's next, removing /jobs????

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
The other annoying thing, is that mhia or any staff member simply jumps on the lazy way, removes the item, like nether stars. As soon as we find a way to gain money, we litterally got to hide it in order to make decent profit. and under pricing stuff is ridiculous, @mhia , you should think about removing completly the /shop, so we can make a player based shop, because rn, you make so the server is not fun, and that we have to GRIND for money. its an excessive removal of any way to make money. so it would be nice that u bring back all the old prices, because the player $$$ will naturally go up anyway, you cant stop us to find flaws, why not just let us build up our own economy.

lodlum

Crafter
Dec 24, 2016
Heres my input.

TLDR; Server is survival. Fixing economic exploits needs to be done quickly. Admins don't know what is a fair price so they set it very low, ensuring that the exploit is fixed. Instead of aimlessly complaining about the new sell price, suggest a better sell price.

The server is survival, you are supposed to play like a survival player in some respects. You can't expect to have 100k in an hour and then just buy everything you need from the admin shop.
Methods which get you an excessive amount of money are a big problem since they break the economy, even if a few people abuse a broken money making method then it is devistating on the state of the economy as money is shared around. If one of these methods of making excessive money are found, they need to be fixed quickly. To fix it quickly you need to lower the sell price of the item in the admin shop, however it is difficult to gauge a fair price for players so what happens is the sell price is set very low so you can't abuse it anymore.
If you find that the sell price is set too low, then the solution is simple. Make a post on the forum suggesting a fair price instead of complaining about the current state of the shop you should GIVE FEEDBACK on HOW TO IMPROVE. You can't expect a few admins to know what is a fair sell price for an item instantly, they aren't omniscient beings.

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
Heres my input.

TLDR; Server is survival. Fixing economic exploits needs to be done quickly. Admins don't know what is a fair price so they set it very low, ensuring that the exploit is fixed. Instead of aimlessly complaining about the new sell price, suggest a better sell price.

The server is survival, you are supposed to play like a survival player in some respects. You can't expect to have 100k in an hour and then just buy everything you need from the admin shop.
Methods which get you an excessive amount of money are a big problem since they break the economy, even if a few people abuse a broken money making method then it is devistating on the state of the economy as money is shared around. If one of these methods of making excessive money are found, they need to be fixed quickly. To fix it quickly you need to lower the sell price of the item in the admin shop, however it is difficult to gauge a fair price for players so what happens is the sell price is set very low so you can't abuse it anymore.
If you find that the sell price is set too low, then the solution is simple. Make a post on the forum suggesting a fair price instead of complaining about the current state of the shop you should GIVE FEEDBACK on HOW TO IMPROVE. You can't expect a few admins to know what is a fair sell price for an item instantly, they aren't omniscient beings.
Which I did, still no feedback on it though. As a reply on a separate post btw