Potatolishuss's Moderator Application

Welcome to Vale - Survival & Towny Server!
Vale is a 1.15.2 Towny survival server with nearly limitless possibilities! As a player you can craft custom enchants, build amazing structures, and play survival with special items, tools, and more with no lag. Work together with your friends and build the best town, base, or building in the game, while becoming the richest player in a competitive economy.
Register now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potatolishuss

Staff member
Mod
Crafter
Jul 24, 2016
User name: Potatolishuss

What is your Minecraft username? Potatolishuss

What age bracket are you in? 15 (16 in a few weeks)

What is your current rank on Vale? Explorer

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? No, but i was on Craftblock for about 5 years

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I naturally enjoy helping people and when I was Mod before I genuinely had to much fun. I really love being able to solve problems and be generally helpful. Also at the moment, when I go onto the server there are only staff members on at certain times, there are periods of time where no one is on to help for a few hours and I would like to help fill this gap.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. I am naturally suspicious of people so i am good at working out when people are up to no good. I really enjoy helping people and am enthusiastic about the role and i am always trying to help people where i can.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? I am constatnly checking in on people and making sure theyre okay. When new people join i make sure they are doing okay with the server and when anyone asks any questions or has a problem i try my best to help them out

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? 4

What timezone do you live in? UK

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? im currently off school for 5 months and will be on most days all day so about 5,6 hours daily. But when im back at school this will decrease considerably with an increased work load but i will still try to be as active as possible

Do you have a Discord account? no, sorry

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? n/a

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I will ask them if they know it is against the rules, if they don't I will explain to them that it is not a grieving server. I will then keep an eye on them and make sure they are following the rules. If they know it is against the rules I will warn them but if they continue I will kick or temp ban them depending on the severity of it.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? I will explain to them that they shouldn't be spamming, if they don't listen I will temp mute them. If they continue while muted (I assume you can see muted chats?) I will kick them. If they come back on and continue I will temp ban them as it is not their first offence and have been warned before.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? I would quickly temp mute them for a few minutes to explain the rules to them. If they continue while muted (again I assume you can see what they are typing while muted) or continue to spam and be offensive once unmuted I will temp ban them all because they obviously only came to the server to cause havoc.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I would private message the staff member to check if they are okay and see if they need any help. If they don't I will leave them to sort it unless the situation escalates considerably. If they need help I would temp mute them until the rules had been explained to them and let the staff member go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Vale is a small but friendly community and one of the best Minecraft survival servers you could play on. We have various ranks, plugins, and events to elevate your gameplay, and to give you a unique but fun experience in Minecraft.
  • Vale Discord - Text, Talk, Share Vale Plug.DJ - Listen to Music

Top Voters

User Menu

Instagram