💡 Plugin Request Please switch shop plugins or add another [Quickshop vs iCommunityChestShop]

BigFatMexican01

EatTacoBell
EatTacoBell
Jan 17, 2021
Username: BigFatMexican01

Suggestion Title Please switch shop plugins or add another [Quickshop vs iCommunityChestShop]

Server SMP

What's your suggestion? Please switch plugins for player shops; they are harder to run smoothly on client side, take up more space, and have features that can be useless at times. I suggest a plugin like https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/chestshop. If we cant come to a clear consensus, would it be too much strain to have both plugins at once? Kind of a dumb question but we really need to get rid of this plugin and I would like my shop to run nicer when near or in the shop.
  • Quick shop takes up two blocks on the shop front in order to have a buy and sell option

• The floating item on top gets sunk into the chest when a block is on top and STAYS THERE.

the two entities stay no matter what
    In a player warp with multiple of shops it can cause a lot of entities to be loaded and can drop my 500fps to 45 or lower just by being near the shop/loading chunks. This has happened many times in player warps and isn't fun to have a shop near your base or to try and build near/around because of the frames.
  • The shops take up too much space

theoretical best way to make a shop that buys/sells.

Current shops and how big it must be to buy/sell
    In order to keep a shop compact. the chests must be stacked and still be within reach of the player. Item frames were added to display the item being sold since the floating items on top can be hidden. This causes
    3x the entities to be loaded in a shop and up to 4x if there are two different items being sold in the same chest

Some may suggest that the chests could be arranged in this way as well

This is still
    2x the amount of entities loaded in order to have a buy/sell shop. The items on top are also harder to be seen if you have a lower FOV.

Last edited:
Reactions: RavenBeauty0518

iEnder_King

iEnder_King
iEnder_King
Jan 25, 2021
I agree with BigFatMexican. Walking around players' shops with lots of individual shops can get really laggy

BigFatMexican01

EatTacoBell
EatTacoBell
Jan 17, 2021
To be clear, I still want chest shops but with an alternative plugin that runs smoother for players.

Victor_st

Administrator
Staff member
Victor_st
Victor_st
Jan 3, 2021
Ok yeah, I'll definitely look into adding a different shop plugin. Thanks for the suggestion!