Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

PandaWarrior1029's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaWarrior1029

The Random Panda
Crafter
Dec 31, 2017
User name: PandaWarrior1029

What is your Minecraft username? Acusa

What age bracket are you in? 12

What is your current rank on Vale? Explorer

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? yes i have been with the server for 3 1/2 years

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? So I can help out the community a lot and sometimes there are no staff online and people need help and i try to help them the best i can..

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team.
1 I think i would be a good moderator because i am good at helping out people and giving them what they need to do what they have to do.

2 I think i would be a good moderator because, i have done a bunch of leadership programs in my life and know how a good leader deals with things.

3 I think i would be a good moderator because, i am in a lot of extracurricular activities that make me a not so loose person and not so uptight person.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? By helping out the community all i can and doing what is right for the server.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? 4

What timezone do you live in? Central Daylight time

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? About 10-20 hours

Do you have a Discord account? yes Acusa

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? depends on if my parents are asleep or not.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I will warn them to stop and send them a link to Vale's rules and if they don't stop after i have warned them I would kick them as another warning and if they don't stop after that ill temp ban them.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? I would temp mute and if they don't stop i will temp ban them because they have been warned and muted several times.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? I would warn them to stop and if they don't stop and if they don't stop i will perm ban them because they obviously don't have any desire whatsoever to play on the server because all they are doing is spamming the chat.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I would assist the other staff member and try to help him the best i can and tell the players to stop and if they don't stop i will mute them for being disrespectful to staff members.

Last edited:

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
At the moment I'm not going to vouch for you. My main reason is that at the moment I feel like we have a good staff/player ratio, but also your scenario responses were a bit excessive. As far as the scenarios go, for the first one I personally would give a verbal warning in chat first, and let them know its against the rules. At this time suggest they read /rules as well, to know how to play on our server. From my experience about half of griefs are just players not paying attention to rules, or not knowing better. If they continue, I'd either /warn them or possibly move to a /kick, again saying that griefing is not allowed. If they continue after the kick, I'd resort to a ban, ranging from 1 day to a permanent, depending on the situation. For scenario 2, a verbal warning almost always is enough for players spamming. If it isn't, a 5 minute mute will do. Scenario 3, perm bans all around. Players that join just to spam and cause chaos don't belong on our server, ever. Scenario 4, I would ask in staff chat (not sure if we still have that) if they have it handled. If yes, I let the other staff deal with it. If not, I'd assist in any way possible, still letting the original staff handle the player interaction, since they were there longer and know more about it.

You haven't been staff before, and a lot of this stuff is learned in training, so if you edit your app I will most likely vouch. Also, this response seemed a bit harsh after I read it over, and I want you to know its nothing personal, it's just easier to write it like it is.

EDIT: I'm going to lift my no vouch, but I'm not entirely sure of the staff to player ratio. If we are in need of more staff, panda would be a good choice, but I don't love the idea of 3 staff to every player like we had in the later stages of the 1.12.2 world.

Last edited:

PandaWarrior1029

The Random Panda
Crafter
Dec 31, 2017
ok thanks for your input steering24

Kentucky06

Crafter
Jul 28, 2019
I vouch for Acusa

UltimateDalas

Crafter
Jul 24, 2017
I vouch for Acusa. He is a very outgoing and helpful player, I think with some training and some guidance he could be a great staff member.

CatGamer442

no u
Mod
Dec 19, 2017
I agree with UltimateDalas. Acusa has shown how he can be helpful for everyone. Vouch here!

mhia

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
Hey Acusa,

I know you really wanted this and I'm sure you'd eventually be a good moderator, but I don't think it'll be a good idea to promote you right now.

I haven't listed these requirements yet, but the age requirement for Moderator needs to be at-least 15, and if I was to promote anyone younger then that, they'll have to show high level of maturity (CatCatGamer442 is a good example of this), and I just don't see that from you, yet.

Not now, but maybe eventually you can have a chance.

I'm sorry for this. I gave you three Rare keys for applying though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.