Orangeowie4’s application

Orangeowie4

Staff member
Orangeowie4
Orangeowie4
Feb 21, 2021
What is your Minecraft username? Orangeowie4

What age bracket are you in? 15 turning 16 in March

What is your current rank on Vale? Merchant, no donor ranks.

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes. I’ve been here for a long time. I was here during craftblock, so I don’t know how long ago I joined.

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I want to be a Vale Moderator to help out the server that I’ve played on for so long. I always go onto the server, and a staff member helps myself or others. This time, I want to help others out and ban griefers and hackers like staff did for me.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team.

1. I’ve been here for a long time, and I know all the players. Sadly, a lot of people do grief but instead of getting a mod to help them, I could actually help them.
  2. I'll be able to be on most of the time everyday, so I can monitor people and the chat often.
  3. I'm dedicated to Vale, and can often see when people are lying or not. Sometimes, I have free time so I can just watch new players when they join. Before I give out a punishment, I can hear from both sides and see why they did something like grief.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? I've helped other players before, and greet new players who join in the chat, and most times tell them to read /rules and ask if they have any questions. I've reported bugs, some of which have been major that could've had terrible consequences to the economy and server. Furthermore, I interact with the community a lot, and answer any questions people have.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? 4 to 5. I've been with it for a while, so I should know the ins and outs.

What timezone do you live in? EST

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Vale community throughout the week? I can get on mostly all days of the week unless I’m not actually at home. I’ll be able to stay on for a while when I’m doing other things like slimefun.

Do you have a Discord account? If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Yes, I have a Discord account. I would be available to participate in Staff group conversations normally anytime unless I am not at home or in school.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
I'd tell them that it's against the rules to grief and warn them. If they continue to, I'll ban them and roll back the griefed areas.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
I'd start by warning them and telling them that even though they're excited, they cant keep speaking in caps. If they continue, then they'll get kicked. If they still continue, then I'll temporarily ban them.
Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? If it was directed towards myself or random people on the server, I'd kick them and mute them if they came back. If they come back and start doing it again after their mute then they'd be banned.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I would ask the staff member if they needed help. If they said yes, then I'd continue to follow the players and if they got worse, I would mute them or kick them.