Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

Nelfarion's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelfarion

the confused one
Crafter
Jul 30, 2019
Germany
User name: Nelfarion

What is your Minecraft username? Nelfarion

What age bracket are you in? 16

What is your current rank on Vale? Adventurer

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes. I played a lot of skyblock back in the craftblock days.

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I talk with AntiProHD a lot, he often tells me about his duties as an admin an how adventurous they can be. I also liked the idea of being a mod and helping people since I first started playing on minecraft servers and heard of what mods are. Interacting with the vale community has always been a nice exprience and I thought that being a mod on this server could be quite fun too.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. I am a calm person and can solve problems or interact with troublesome players without getting angry and can stay professional easily. I have always liked helping people and guiding new players in their first few hours to have a fun time playing. I am willing to learn new commands or learn how to spot lag problems aswell as how to handle difficult problems with players better.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? I help AntiProHD with solving problems on teamspeak sometimes and tried to help people in chat as much as I could.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? 4, I've read the rules and most of it is common sense.

What timezone do you live in? CET, I live in Germany.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? Almost all of it as I have much freetime to spare.

Do you have a Discord account? Yes

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Almost every afternoon and evening.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I ask why they're griefing and tell them to stop in a nice manner. If they don't stop I'll kick them and give them a warning and if they still don't stop I'll ban them according to the banning rules in the wiki.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? I'll politely ask them to stop again and kick or mute them while giving them a warning. If that still doesn't stop them from spamming they'll be temporarly banned.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? I'll, again, warn them politely and mute them if they don't stop then proceed to tell them about the rules and send them a link to the rules on the wiki so they understand that what they doing's inappropriate.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I'll try to help the staff member per msg or in the staff chat. If the situation is getting out of hand I would mute/temp ban the player to get a bit of time to think of a good sollution to handeling the situation.

Last edited:

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
I vouch. However, my vote maybe shouldn't be counted due to my long lasting friendship with Nelfarion. Due to this I can however confirm that he is being honest in this application and not just trying to look like he's perfect for the position. Anyways, you got my vote.

CatGamer442

no u
Mod
Dec 19, 2017
Vouch :)
Note: being a mod is as fun as you’d think 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.