Welcome to Vale.gg!
A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community.

Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now
play.vale.gg

✅ Approved Let's Improve Mob Arena

minxi

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
User name: minxi

Thread Title Let's Improve Mob Arena

Explain I'm looking for suggestions for our new Mob Arena game. Here's how to play.

• Find others to play with you!
  • Go to resource world with /resource
  • There's a sign. Right click it.
  • You'll be sent to the MA arena. Choose one of the classes.
  • Click the iron block when ready.
  • The game begins.

Here's what we need suggestions for.

• How can the default classes be improved?
  • What are other classes we can add? What would their kit be?
  • The chests are empty, what are interesting items we can put in?
  • What else can we improve? (Mob waves, drops, etc)

For Creative Ranks:

Because the resource world is blocked off from creative players, elite+ can't access Mob Area. Once we make the resource world version better, and exclusive to survival players, we'll make a Mob Arena for everyone.

Last edited:

MissRedPanda

I live off of shredded cheese and tortillas.
Mod
Mar 29, 2015
USA
Make chests spawn every once and a while with some food or healing pots?

JackMasterLooter

wannemo
Crafter
Nov 29, 2015
Maybe add pistons that push blocks up at random to interfere with players running from monsters. I think it might add a bit more challenge to the area :)

minxi

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
For Creative Ranks:

Because the resource world is blocked off from creative players, elite+ can't access Mob Area. Once we make the resource world version better, and exclusive to survival players, we'll make a Mob Arena for everyone.

minxi

ok.
Owner
Dec 15, 2013
With Waffle's help, upgraded the default classes. Let us know what you think!

Blaafugl

umm
Crafter
Sep 16, 2016
Make passives (animals) killable it ruins it late game

MissRedPanda

I live off of shredded cheese and tortillas.
Mod
Mar 29, 2015
USA
I am unable to kill any of the animals. I can only run from them and hope that they don't kill me.

Attachments

Techno

That creepy guy in the corner
Supporter
Sep 25, 2014
Corn Town
Archer and Chemist definitely need more ammunition if they want to make it past Wave 18 and beyond (At least double).

Some people playing Chemist will probably want to act as healers, so probably a 60-80% increase in splash heal potions, or make a class specifically meant for healing and keep the Chemist as a DPS against undead mobs.

Dec 17, 2013
Sweden
Great suggestions!
* I split the chemist into two: Chemist & Priest. Priest focuses on Splash Healing while Chemist focuses on AOE damage.
* Also Added enough arrows to Archer so you wont run out this time.
* Finally, non-hostile mobs such as chickens, wolves and killerbunnies should be harmable right now.

There is also more bosses, more upgrades, chests has items, more swarms, more classes, more supply and some general balance changes. Go try it out!

Still working on the Reward system which should give players items considering how far they got, any suggestions?

LeonBlade

VIP
Jul 12, 2018
Played a few rounds with JackMasterLooter. It's a pretty fun game but it's pretty fast pace. The waves happen very suddenly and enemies will spawn behind you without any warning. Overall I think it might need to be scaled back based on the number of players if that already isn't a thing.

There's also some classes which are clearly better than others. Balance wise I think it might need some tweaking. Also, I don't really know what all of the classes do when I go to pick one, maybe add some sort of feature to let people know what your class does? Unless there's a resource for this already, I'm not sure.

Dec 17, 2013
Sweden
Played a few rounds with JackMasterLooter. It's a pretty fun game but it's pretty fast pace. The waves happen very suddenly and enemies will spawn behind you without any warning. Overall I think it might need to be scaled back based on the number of players if that already isn't a thing.

There's also some classes which are clearly better than others. Balance wise I think it might need some tweaking. Also, I don't really know what all of the classes do when I go to pick one, maybe add some sort of feature to let people know what your class does? Unless there's a resource for this already, I'm not sure.
Thanks for the feedback! One thing to keep in mind is that Mcmmo works in the Arena, so the more you play the easier the Arena gets, which is why I've been careful not to make it too easy and try to inspire players to grind more. I think the amount of enemies is alright but I'm going to look into decreasing some of the ranged mobs thought, since those are the real killers in the Arena.

As for classes, knight and tank might be a bit too good compared to the rest. Chemist and priest might need some buffs, they are a bit too vulnerable. I'll look into how we can display classes aswell.

About us

• Vale is a small but friendly community and one of the best Minecraft survival servers you could play on. We have various ranks, plugins, and events to elevate your gameplay, and to give you a unique but fun experience in Minecraft.
  • Vale Discord - Text, Talk, Share Vale Plug.DJ - Listen to Music

Top Voters

User Menu

Instagram