kaypatts' Moderator Application

kaypatts

kaypatts
kaypatts
Jan 7, 2021
florida
What is your Minecraft username? kaypatts

What age bracket are you in? I am 18 years old.

What is your current rank on Vale? My current supporter rank is Nyx, and my current survival rank is Merchant.

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? My first day on original Vale was December 5th, making me an active part of Vale's community for almost three months.

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator?
I want to be a Vale moderator for a few different reasons. Firstly, as someone who writes for the forums, it would make communication clearer for me as it'll be a little bit easier to chat with the staff members. Secondly, I love the Vale community and am always looking for new ways that I can help and participate. I've also been in management at my job, meaning I have a clear understanding of how to diffuse situations and perform in a leadership role.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. Firstly, I am very organized. I value and emphasize the importance of organization in all aspects of my life, and according to things I have heard, I believe the extra organization within staff would help relieve stress within the staff and make communication easier to the server. Secondly, I have an ample amount of time to spend on the server to help members of Vale's community. Although I am a full-time employee and a college student, my time management skills allow me to spend a lot of time on Vale. Thirdly, I've dedicated a lot of time to writing posts for the forums and would love to continue writing and organizing things for the forums. Also, from researching plugins for the forum, I have a lot of knowledge about all of the plugins used on Vale. Therefore, I would be able to answer a plethora of questions that members of Vale would ask in regards to the plugins on the server. The forums are essential to keep a server alive and draw in new members to Vale; the more active all members of the community are on Vale, the better we look as a server. I believe that it is necessary to have a moderator well versed in writing to help bridge the gap between the server and the forums to make them more unified.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? Whenever I am online, I always welcome new members of Vale and help them out as much as I can. I am very active on both the server and the Discord and have always been kind and welcoming to all that I meet. I also have good communication with the members of staff and believe we've made quite a good friendship, which would lead to a successful staff. Whenever members online have questions, if a staff member is not online I always try to help them in the best way that I can. I also try to warn members in chat if they are spamming, being disrespectful, or breaking Vale's rules in general.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? I am 100% knowledgeable about our rules and regulations on the server, even helping write the forum post about them.

What timezone do you live in? I am in EST.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Vale community throughout the week? I would be able to spend at least 3-4 hours a day on Vale, usually more. I would also be active on Discord so if I got @'d I would be able to respond even if not on the server.

Do you have a Discord account? If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Yes, I do have a Discord and am very active on it. I would be more than willing to participate in Staff conversations.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I would personally message the player, reminding them of our server rules; emphasizing that even if something is not claimed griefing is not allowed. I would be harsh but kind with my words, not attacking them, but making sure they understand that if it happens again they will be banned.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? Depending on the severity of the situation, I would start off by giving the player a warning. I find it important to tell them that excitement is allowed, but the messages should be in moderation. If after that they continued, I would kick the player for breaking the server rules. If they rejoined and it happened once more, I would have to temporarily ban them.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? If the rude epithets were directed at other players, I would immediately kick the players and apologize to the Vale community members online. If they joined and it continued, I would ban the players. If the rude epithets were just spewed at random, I would mute them, and while they were muted remind them of Vale's rules and guidelines. In the event that they continued, I would ban the players.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? Cautious not to make the players feel as if they are being ganged up on, I would back up the staff member as well as remind the players to be respectful. If the players continued to get out of hand such as being vulgar towards the other staff member, I would kick them for breaking the server rules.

• Love
Reactions: UnfadingAut0