• Apply via Ranks Wiki.

JohnyZade

Crafter
Feb 4, 2016
User name: JohnyZade

What is your Minecraft username? JohnyZade

What age bracket are you in? 16

What is your current rank on Vale? Royal

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Ive been registered on forums since 3 years and I have been on the server even before that (craftblock early days)

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I have recently been back to Minecraft and I would like to help people while I am at it. I have been playing on the server for a long time, and I know everything about minecraft server management both inside and outside the server very well.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. I am active a lot, experienced person when it comes to minecraft servers and a huge experience with managing communities (I own a server with 33000 unique players in a game called Counter Strike: Global Offensive, arbuzservers.ru )

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? I am fully aware of all rules of the server, 5

What timezone do you live in? GMT +4, but I am active at night and day.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? Depends on the week, 20-30 hours is possibly the average.

Do you have a Discord account? JohnyZade#1337

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Anytime from 7am to 1am GMT.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? Firstly, I would stop them immediately (tp to a safe place) and ask them questions such as why they are doing it, what is their motive behind it and why they are doing it. If I see that it is done unintentionally, I would tell them to read the rules and give them a warning a. keeping an eye on them in vanish for some time. If it is done intentionally, I would put them in jail at first and discuss the situation with someone above my rank (and of course I will try to revert it using a plugin which reverts actions in a particular area, I remember the server had it like 2 years ago, hopefully it is still there.)

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? My approach to this situation would be to kick him and mute for an extended period of time due to his history with the same situation. Then I would pm them and tell them to stop doing it or more stricter action will be taken next time. If their response is very rude, a longer mute will be set.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? If this situation occurs, I would ban them for an hour and there is a reason behind it which I find logical. If they are new, they joined to ruin the server by spamming the chat. So if I mute them, they might go on and start griefing because their intentions when joining the server was to bring harm to the community. So if they cant do it one way, they'll attempt to do it another way.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I wouldnt directly interfere in the situation. I would private message the mod asking if they need any help regarding the situation. If I see that there is something sketchy (if the mod for example, let his friend into the server and allowed him to do these things), I would mute the griefer and report to someone of a higher rank than me.