Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

JackMasterLooter's Moderator Application

JackMasterLooter

wannemo
Crafter
Nov 29, 2015
User name: JackMasterLooter

What is your Minecraft username? JackMasterLooter

What age bracket are you in? 18 or above

What is your current rank on Vale? I am the survival rank Knight

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Yes, I believe so.

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? It seems that even tho there is a decent staff to player ratio, there occasionally is not a staff member on to assist anyone who might need it. I would also love to help out people with issues they might have and assist new players with getting the hang of the server and its rules.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. 1. I'm a mature person that is very capable of handling difficult situations and remaining calm 2. I can, and already am acting respectful to other players. 3.I'm extremely capable of explaining thing to player in a way that they might understand if they are confused about rules or why they might've been warned for something they didn't know was wrong.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? My most recent demonstration was with a player with the name "AllWrappedUp". I helped this player by explaining plugins and assisting them with basically starting out on the server.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? Im definitely a 5. While I can't just spit out every rule on the server by memory, I CAN answer questions on rules if they get asked.

What timezone do you live in? CST

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? The very minimum would probably end up being 5-8 hours, but most likely more. I do plan on getting a job very soon so this will probably change so I will let you know if it does.

Do you have a Discord account? Yes, I do.

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Anywhere from 10 AM to 10 PM. I would say earlier, but I sometimes sleep through my phone noises.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? Ask them what they are doing and warn them that griefing in not allowed here. If they continue, use the /warn command and possibly kick them.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? Remind the player they have been muted for doing the thing they are doing now and possibly /warn that person if they don' stop.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? Instant ban. This server has no room for players like that.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I would sit back and let the other staff handle the situation as I don't want to interfere with any plan they might have when addressing the player.

JackMasterLooter

wannemo
Crafter
Nov 29, 2015
Maybe it's best that this just be removed because my internet is so infuriatingly slow that i cant even play normally without getting kicked from the server. Sorry for the wasted space