Don't be afraid, I'm not that mean
Supporter
Jan 2, 2014
Florida
User name: Ileel

What is your Minecraft username? Ileel

What age bracket are you in? 21-30

What is your current rank on Vale? DemiGod/Tailor

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? I have been on and off since late 2011

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I want to be able to help players more than what I currently can, staff wise. Yeah, one can go out and get materials for players, but if there is a grief, I want to be able to help them.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. Being a former admin on CraftBlock, I have seen a lot, and issues will always be there, whether it's greifing, or other players bothering other persons and not listening, or just causing issues all around. I want to be able to put a stop to that, and enforce the rules. I'm currently in training to become a Deputy in my county, so enforcing rules and laws has always been a dream of mine, both in real life and within the family I have grown to know. Also, I know a lot of the veteran CraftBlock players on the server, as they know me as well. I show no negativity towards anybody, and treat everyone with the same respect I would expect them to treat me with.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? I have helped numerous players in numerous occasions to the best of my ability with what my rank allows. I try to constantly calm situations down if they are getting out of hand.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? If I could go beyond 5, I absolutely would. I know every rule and regulation like the back of my hand, as I helped make them back in the day. :p

What timezone do you live in? Eastern Time Zone.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? I can dedicate atleast 10 hours a week to the CraftBlock/Vale community as I work 40 hours currently. But I try to get on every chance that I have.

Do you have a Discord account? I do

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? Whenever needed.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? I would politely ask the player to return the belongings and discontinue their actions. If they ignore me or decide to argue with me, I would simply issue a warning. If the player continues to grief after the warning, I would initiate a kick with the reason "Please stop griefing". If the player then continues to grief after the kick, I will temp-ban them for 3 days.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? First, I would confront the player about the usage of caps and multiple lines, if they apologize I will let it go, if they continue I will initiate a warning, and if it continues after that, then I will temp-mute them.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? I would first try to get a point across that this is a spam-free/vulgar free environment, and if they continue to do so, I will kick them with a warning, following a mute if they continue after the warning.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? I would speak with the other staff member and assist them by trying to calm the other player as well, and seek a mutual agreement for the argument.

Solow7

Crafter
Feb 18, 2014
California, USA
What my fellow OG Craftblockian now Valerian meant to say is he best be getting Mod or Admin or it's boutta get ugly. In other words, I vouch for Ileel. He's a great dude that has shown time and time again that he has the maturity and admiration to be part of the server staff.

zom999_playz

Your friendly neighbourhood zom
Crafter
May 22, 2016
www.craftblock.me
I don't know if we still have the same vouch system for Mod applications, but if we do, I will post my same picture as always.
(Thats a vouch for Ileel incase you didn't realise : P )