Heimeindringer
Jan 17, 2021
What is your Minecraft username?
Heimeindringer

What age bracket are you in?

18, 19 coming up this September

What is your current rank on Vale?

Nyx/Viscount

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months?

Yes! Since late 2018!

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator?

Since I'm already helping people and answering their questions as is, so I figured I might aswell apply. Being Mod would make the whole helping part more official.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team.

I spent a lot of the time on Vale and know most of the commands, which is especially handy since I'd cover a time where there's usually only few to none staff members awake. I also grind a lot of everything but SlimeFun, which has motivated some people to put all their effort into passing me. Lastly, as I do a lot of different stuff, leading to me stumbling across a lot of bugs, which seems like a good thing in my opinion, as it's better for staff to find the bug and fix it than for a player to find it and gaining an unfair advantage over others.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?

Helping players figure out commands, helping staff test issues, discovering bugs and reporting them and taking part in events.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations?

A solid 4.9, as I know them in and out, but occasionally look them up again for a refresher.

What timezone do you live in?

CET aka. GMT+1

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Vale community throughout the week?

At least 4h every weekday and at least 6h on Saturdays and Sundays.

Do you have a Discord account? If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?

Yes and yes.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?

Remind them of the rules, then rollback the grief. If they don't stop, I'd ban them. (Also inform the owner of the griefed area once they are available)

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?

Remind them of the rules, then issue a final warning. If they don't stop, I'll temporarily mute them and remind them of the rules again.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?

Mute them, remind them of the rules, unmute them. If they continue spamming, I'll first issue a kick and if they continue I'll ban them (permban if other staff agrees on it)

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?

Ask the other staff member if they could use some help, then proceed according to their answer.