General War Rules

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
How does war work?
  • After an admin starts the war event, there will be a 30 second countdown and then the war starts.
  • During war Nations fight each other. Towns without a nation are not included, cannot score points and cannot have their townblocks griefed.
  • Useful during war is the '/towny war hud' which will make a scoreboard appear for the player, which details points and properties of the townblock they are standing in.
  • Also useful is the '/towny war participants {page #}' command. It shows a list of towns and their nation who are in the war event.The list highlights enemies, allies and capital towns.
  • Normal townblocks have an HP of 50 while Home Blocks have 100 HP. A townblock loses HP by enemy-nation residents standing within the townblock. When a townblock has lost all HP and fallen the town which the attacker belongs to gains points to their War Score.
  • When a townblock is under attack, fireworks appear above. Red for damage, red creeperhead for a won townblock, and green when a townblock is being healed by a defender.
  • You can only place/destroy certain blocks in enemy towns. This can be changed in the config, so I'm open for suggestions. To cause minimal damage I suggest scaffolding to be one of the editable blocks. You can also open (unlocked) doors, fence gates and trapdoors. Griefing is otherwise disable.
  • Only townblocks on the edge of the wilderness can be attacked first
  • Townblocks are restored at the end of war, but the damage from any griefing is permanent (which is why we want to prevent it)
  • You can't capture town blocks while you are beneath y=40
  • Remember to do /n enemy add <nation>
How is a war won?
A war ends when there is only one nation who's Home Block has not been conquered or when an admin toggles war off. Towns are knocked out of the war after their home chunk (the chunk in which they were founded) is captured. A nation is knocked out when its capital city is knocked out. The winner is decided via Towny's point system.
Points are given for:
  • Killing an enemy: 1
  • Capturing a chunk: 2
  • Knocking a town out of the war: 15
  • Knocking a nation out of the war: 100
Rewards: 100k war spoils

Additional Rules:

• The Home chunk must be reachable on foot and without griefing.
  • No flying (debatable)
  • No raiding anyones belongings!
  • If residents are not participating in the war, don't kill them.
  • Edit 1: There will be a kit supplying the bare minimum of Equipment, so everyone can take part in the war (suggested by BigFatMexican01)
  • Edit 2: Add a banner to the shield in the kit to show what nation you belong to (optional) (suggested by Blaafugl)
  • Edit 3: No Spawn Killing. (suggested by Vincentio_)
  • Edit 4: Keep Inventory will be enabled during the war. (suggested by Blaafugl)
  • Edit 5: No combat logging. If you pick a fight, you either win, lose or run. (no teleporting away via commands either!) (suggested by BigFatMexican01)
  • You can agree on different war rules, just make sure both sides know about them.
  • Fight with honor.
If you want to suggest any changes/additions, please comment them on this thread!

Last edited:

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Can we please disable blast pickaxes? This would cause major grief.

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
So are you supposed to use only the town kit or can you use your own items as well.
Also what happens if someone camps your death chest and the chest despawns

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
So are you supposed to use only the town kit or can you use your own items as well.
I believe we shouldn't spawn kill others, and by the same way, we shouldn't stop anyone from getting their stuff back. also, I think we should make checkpoint, and when you die, you go get your stuff, and go back to your base/town

Blaafugl

umm
Crafter
Sep 16, 2016
activate keepInventory during the event maybe?

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
I believe we shouldn't spawn kill others, and by the same way, we shouldn't stop anyone from getting their stuff back. also, I think we should make checkpoint, and when you die, you go get your stuff, and go back to your base/town
Spawn Killing won't be allowed and I'll change the config so you respawn at your town (only during the war)

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
You can use your own items, otherwise there wouldnt be any reason to prep for the war, the kit is just the bare minimum so everyone can put up a fight

BigFatMexican01

Crafter
Dec 10, 2016
What about pvp logging and disabling commands while in combat. If you pick a fight you are either committed or you run.

Orbital

endermanaresassy
Crafter
Jul 14, 2019
Wait im confused. It says keep inventory disabled but don’t you mean enabled?

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
What about pvp logging and disabling commands while in combat. If you pick a fight you are either committed or you run.
I'd say that falls under the fighting with honor category, but I'll add it to the rules