Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

😴 Archived Clarification on AFK Farms | All

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
User name: sheriffscott

Thread Title Clarification on AFK Farms

Server All

Players Involved Grinders

Explain Can we please get some clarification on afk farming rules?

Is an afk farm illegal if it requires no player interaction, but nobody is afk'ing at the base. E.G. the player is doing something whilst this afk farm is running?

It may be a good idea if we can get some updated full rules on this matter?

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Any chance of getting rules for this?

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
Afk farming used to be anything that avoided the afk kick timer without someone being at their computer, but since we don't have a kick timer anymore, I guess it just goes to don't leave your computer while making a profit or getting items. On CB's skyblock I used to set my microphone tripod on my mouse while watching netflix, and it was fine with staff as long as I responded in chat. Unless we get specific rules its up to the staff that finds you, but chances are if they're randomly teleporting to just to spy on players, especially ex-admins like yourself, they're probably not very relaxed with rules.

Vincentio_

Never too good, Never too bad -
Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
so that understood, technicly, with spawners, as long as you dont stand and do nothing, on the side of it, you are fine?

Vincentio_

Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
so technicly, we can use autokillers, as long as we are in the game, actually playing.

Victor_st

Crafter
Sep 13, 2017
Florida
Thats how it used to be, but I've had an admin ask me to remove a spawner that auto killed the mob so it might have changed now.

Also, could we get clarification on if vanilla auto farms are allowed, such as auto villager breeders and iron golem farms?

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Can we please get a response staff?

Vincentio_

Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
I got one, from a staff member, actually, they all agreed recently: any farm (mob) that takes 0 player interaction is considered illegal, even if the player does not afk

steering24

Crafter
Oct 27, 2016
Michigan, USA
Don't mind me not following that until staff actually respond
I got one, from a staff member, actually, they all agreed recently: any farm (mob) that takes 0 player interaction is considered illegal, even if the player does not afk

BigFatMexican01

Crafter
Dec 10, 2016
And would that include grinders and farms?

BigFatMexican01

Crafter
Dec 10, 2016
And where would letting mobs stacking up count? thats clearly not 0 interaction. Don't warn me for following the rules

Vincentio_

Crafter
Aug 19, 2018
here is the thing, you cannot autokill the mobs, if u do, its afk farming

MissRedPanda

I think I just got Tic Tac poisoning.
Admin
Mar 29, 2015
USA
So we talked it through and we're going to go with: AFK mob farms are not allowed, neither are 0 tick farms, but we will allow BetterFarming farms. The plugin was put in for this reason so we figure we should let you guys use it. Sorry it took so long to get back to you <33 :c

sheriffscott

Crafter
May 24, 2017
Just want to clarify, evokers die of old age after a bit, surely this can't be considered as AFK farming when it is a game mechanic that is unavoidable bar killing them yourself beforehand.

Also, letting mobs stack up is not AFK farming, we are literally just letting more spawn before killing them together.