Chemicalss

Crafter
Mar 16, 2019
Toronto Canada, ON
User name: Chemicalss

What is your Minecraft username? Chemicalss

What age bracket are you in? 16

What is your current rank on Vale? Scavenger

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? I've been with vale for coming up a year

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? Vale has become a place where I've met tons of the people I consider closest in my life, this server has become such a huge part of my life with all the ups and down it's had. helping others and new players on this server is what I most love to do no matter how cheesy it sounds it's the truth! I find myself best fitted for this job because I do as much as I can already to help others when in need and no staff seems to be available. so in short, I would like to rejoin the Moderation group so I can help others more.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. Reason One: I've been part of the staff team before, after the reset to vale 2.0 I lost that rank and hoped to apply for it back when I'd learn the new things about the server.
Reason Two: I love socializing with others, and tend to be a kind person and I know that for sure about myself, Hopefully becoming a mod can allow me to better welcome new players and befriend them making them feel more comfortable with the server.
Reason Three: I have a lot of patience along with creativity. When situation come where we need to deal with something, I'm willing to bring new ideas to the table to get what we need to get done, finished.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?
I think I've demonstrated Moderator qualities by helping others when I can in situations where staff can't at that moment.
I've also tried to keep things positive on the server, by always being kind to others and helping others feel better when something happens.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations?
I'd say I'm still learning everything about Vale 2.0 but I've gained most of the knowledge I need with new commands and Such.
But rule wise I'm already rather educated from being a past mod.

What timezone do you live in?
I'm in Eastern Daylight Time. Coming from Canada.
Though I find myself staying up fairly late into the 1am-6am range, when I don't see many staff on but I cannot always promise I will be.

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week?
I'm on each day for about 2-5 hours, unless I'm busy or have plans that day.
I start school on September 3rd but that wont effect much.

Do you have a Discord account?
I do, Berlin#3751

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?
Almost always, I have my phone on me at almost all times and often times have Wifi connection!
Discord is an app I use often.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
The best way I'd go about this situation is I wouldn't call them out chat wide. I'd message them privately and let them know what there doing is wrong and let them understand they cant take actions like that, I'd see what they have to say and give the appropriate ban time depending on how they react, then i'd let other staff online know whats happened and deal with the grief situation and figure out what needs to be fixed/rolled back.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
Personally, I'd take the kind approach first, letting them know and reminding them of there previous actions of spam and being muted, if it continues at any rate or they react negatively I'd put a short ban in place.
My reason toward putting a short ban in place is that the player has already gotten many light warnings, as well with a mute.
If your given so many previous chances you should have to face a ban for spam, even though I think it should be short.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?
I've actually faced a situation like this before, In all honesty the easiest way is to first say that it isn't aloud but it often times isn't that simple, these people are trolls and had come on the server for just that. Banning them is the short and smart option because clearly these players have not come to vale to join our community but to disrupt it entirely.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?
I'd personally help my other staff member out calmly, messaging them first to see if they'd like any help on calming the player down and sorting out the situation.
if the staff member prefers to handle it on there own i'd simply let them know if they need anything i'm here and focus on keeping the rest of the server calm while this situation is going on.
If the staff member chooses they wan't help I'll simply take the necessary steps to help them out with getting rid of this rude and trouble making player.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Chemicalss

Crafter
Mar 16, 2019
Toronto Canada, ON
Sorry for the mess up in posting it to early!
here's the complete application

AntiProHD

bruh
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
I vouch. Idk if we need more staff tho, thats up to Panda to decide.
Also I will grow 2cm soon, I'm certain of it >:c