CatGamer442

Vale Mod
Crafter
Dec 19, 2017
User name: CatGamer442

What is your Minecraft username? CatGamer442

What age bracket are you in? 13

What is your current rank on Vale? Citizen

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months?
Pretty/Very active,

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? I've always seen Vale as another place where I can call home. I have loved it here and have always wanted to help make it a even better place, (if that's even possible!) Vale is more than a community to me, it's my life.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. 1.) I have been in situations were players have broke the rules, and saw how the staff team handles it.
2.) I am knowledgeable of some of Vale's biggest plugins (Towny, mcMMO, W/E, etc.)
3.) I am knowing of the rules and will enforce them when someone brakes them.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?
I have seen many people spamming and talking about seriously innapropriate things in chat. This server is meant to be PG, so i told them not to say things like that because the server was a PG server.
People have talked in multiple lines of caps and spammed while I was online, I said please stop, your annoying me (and probably others) and are breaking the rules

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations?
i have read the rules multiple times, seen how people have not listened to the rules, so I'd say 5

What timezone do you live in?
EST (Eastern Standard Time, North Carolina)

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week?
Throughout the week I'd get 5 to 6 hours on Vale a day, weekends up to 7 to 8 (maybe even 10 hours) I'm on discord till 11 pm EST every night.

Do you have a Discord account?
Yes, @CatGamer442 #7168

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?
Text chat, yes
Voice chat, no (i dont have a head set ._. )

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
First off, I'd teleport then to spawn. Then I'd ask them why they started to greif, and if they were just joining to greif. I'd make sure they read the rules and I'd rollback what they greifed. Depending on the severity of the greif, I'd warn and not kick if it was under 30 kick if it was under 100 and temp ban 100+ for a few hours, when they get back on I'd watch them in vanish for a little bit.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
First off, I'd put them on mute for a second. I'd DM them with /msg Please do not spam with caps! Then I'd un mute them and file another account of spamming, if they didn't listen again after I warned them, I would perm mute (if they just spammed a little) or temp ban them (if they did the same). I'd tell them to appeal on the forums.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?
First, I'd mute them all. I'd tell them that what they have done is not appropriate for our community and to read the rules. I'd temp. eunmute them if they said that they'd stop. If they kept doing it them id permadent mute them and tell them that they need to appeal on the forums to get the right to chat back. If they constantlyly use ./msh and /me to avoid mute, I'd temp ban them
Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?
I'd dm the staff member if they wanted a backup hand. If they said no, I'd watch the situation in vanish for a little and wait for it to end. If they said yes, I'd ask the players to stop and re read the rules, depending on what they are doing, I'd mute (chat spam ) , perm mute (chat spam w/ seriously innapropreate words), ban (large greif or exploit), temp ban (for small greif)

Last edited: