Vale - A Minecraft Survival Server

We're a Multiplayer Minecraft PC network which features survival, skyblock, vanilla, and creative servers, with various playstyles to choose from! Like building Towny towns? Sky islands? How about economy and slimefun? Best of all, Vale is a small and friendly community. Come join our survival minecraft servers now!
Register now

AndAmpersan's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndAmpersan

Broketh thy DOB!
Crafter
Sep 5, 2018
User name: AndAmpersan

What is your Minecraft username? Marshal_Blades (Previously AndAmpersan)

What age bracket are you in? 22-24

What is your current rank on Vale? Colonist

Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months? Been fairly active since it opened up a few weeks ago.

Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator? Cause I've always enjoyed helping individuals even back when I was a Moderator on CraftBlock back in the day.

Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team. I arrived at Craftblock shortly after it was named Craftblocked and changed over so I can say I've got history here, as well as experience as a Moderator on this server.
I used hardwork and activity to rise to the rank of Admin, I've always had a great drive for handwork and I don't ever stray from the path I choose; Once my mind is set to the task I try my best to accomplish the task at hand.
My experience in moderating individuals goes just beyond Minecraft itself. I am in the military and have experience with being in charge of peoples literal life's. You would be surprised when I have to tell people to clean their rooms.

How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale? Whenever someone has any type of questions or needs a helping hand I always lend a hand if possible. If not I have done a great job so far at directing people in where to look for the answer. As a Moderators goal is to quite literally "Moderate" When people always try to bug the Admins, or Mhia. I try my best to intervene. Not out of disrespect but because there is a Moderator role in place for a reason. You go through Mods first, if the issue cannot be resolved then the moderator pushes up on higher.

On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations? With the opening of the server officially I've done great so far on reading up on the rules and regulations. I would say a (4) Just because there's always more to learn.

What timezone do you live in? Mountain-Time Zone. (US & Canada)

How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Craftblock community throughout the week? On a week I am not to busy with work, I usually can put in a full 18-20 Hr's a week; weekends included.

Do you have a Discord account? Yes I do, I can't for the life of me figure out how to find my User ID. I will add in soon!

If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations? As soon as possible to be quite frank.

Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation? First off you begin with warning the player, Rollback everything If for whatever reason they ignore your warning and continue or continue after the rollback you tempban them for Griefing.

Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation? Tempban for a short period of time 12-24hrs, I would then proceed to speak with the staff member who administered the punishment prior. Then after speaking about the player we would decide further from there.

Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat? Mute literally all the players spamming chat with the offensive and annoying spam. Then warn them after chat has cleared so they can see what I am telling them. After I am sure they've read what I've wrote. I will lift the mute if the Spam continues I will tempban, while applying another mute for when they return.

Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation? Offer any type of assistance in a private message towards the staff member If he can handle it well then. Problem solved, If not solved then I will help where I can. It would be rather rude to intervene in something being already handled without any type of permission.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.