Abastia
Abastia
May 8, 2021
-What is your Minecraft username?
Abastia
-What age bracket are you in?
I am 16 years old, turning 17 pretty soon
-What is your current rank on Vale?
Mayor on earth, nyx on industrial thanks to silent.
-Have you been an active participant within the Vale Community for a minimum of two months?
Yeah, I think I originally joined the server late 2020 or early 2021
-Why do you want to be a Vale Moderator?
Because I think it'd be interesting and fun, and I am on the server for several hours a day anyway.
-Give us three reasons of why you would be a suitable moderator and why we should select you to become part of the staff team.
1: Because I'm on for a lot of the day.
2: I am active with the community, even when I'm not on.
3: I want to help make the server a better place for other people, as well as myself.
How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with Vale?
-By following rules, and reporting whenever I encounter suspicious activity.
On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgeable do you believe you are with regard to Vale rules and regulations?
-4.6: I have a pretty firm grasp on how things work here, although I may need refreshed every so often.
What timezone do you live in?
-Pacific Daylight Time
How much time and when would you say you are able to dedicate to the Vale community throughout the week?
-I am generally online for ~6 hours a day, from 9 am to 3 pm PDT
Do you have a Discord account? If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?
-Yes and yes.
Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
-I would request that they stop, but not press on it further bc only claimed buildings are covered by the rules.
Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines and or all caps for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
-I would remind them that they need to quiet down, and that continuing will get them kicked.
Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?
-I would give them a warning, and then if they didn't stop I would mute them or kick them, depending on if it's being directed at other people or if it's just aimless chaos.
Scenario 4- While online you come across another staff member handling a situation. The players are being rather rude and continue to cause trouble while the other staff member is attempting to handle the issue. What would you do in this situation?
-I would ask them if they needed help, and if they say no I would probably ask them again in 5-10 minutes if they hadn't handled it by then.

Heimeindringer

Heimeindringer
Heimeindringer
Jan 17, 2021
I'm sorry, but this is the first time I personally am vouching against a mod application.

I'll start off my reasoning with your application and its contents:
  • The 3 reasons you gave are very bland and don't make you stand out from the rest of the staff team.
  • In regards to your reactions in the given scenarios, you are being very light on punishment (especially in scenario 2, it is specifically stated that they have been MUTED for this before, yet you aren't going to mute them again?) and also only seem to bother with how those scenarios play out on Vale Earth. The other servers have different rules and as such, scenario 1 absolutely is against the rules on every Vale server except Vale Earth!
  • I don't think "I am on the server for several hours a day anyway" qualifies as an argument for wanting to be a moderator
  • While this is something very minor and basically nitpicking, I find it weird that you switched up the formatting in the midst of your application.

Next I'll go over reasons why I personally think you don't qualify for moderator at this point in time:

• While "No Begging" is part of the rules, most of the time you ping me is when you ask me for something. Be it items or other forms of help. However, you don't keep asking after I denied your request, so it doesn't really qualify as begging in my eyes, yet it's still weird to have a moderator asking for stuff all the time so I'm bringing this up.
  • You don't seem to know much about the plugins we use on the server. You've asked me to help you with plugins several times and I think a mod should be knowledgable enough to properly use our plugins.
  • Whenever conflict breaks out, you go around asking people to help you while you are still "contemplating" resistence. Saying you don't have the means to resist implies your gear is too bad, however I doubt you are still running around in iron armor and if so, that is entirely your own fault. You had plenty of time to gear up and asking others for items yet again makes it seem like you don't want to grind stuff yourself.
  • Most of your suggestions either are unreasonable or were already implemented by the time you suggested them. Example of an unreasonable suggestion: Setting the wither skeleton skull price to an absurdly low amount (1.5k each??) Example of an already implemented suggestion: Enabling TNT block destruction (it already was enabled)

Lastly, just because I was part of Vale's founding staff doesn't mean that my input on your application is any kind of final decision. Current staff holds that power and if they decide you are a good fit for mod, I'll accept their choice and move on.